Summer fades away and is like a dream that you don’t fully remember. There are no more weekend getaways, european holidays, or a summer love affair left to distract you from the harsh truth’s of life . And once the reality fully sets in, you are frozen by the winter months and it is all so overwhelming. The end of the year, harsh weather and christmas may be stressful, but this doesn’t mean that you need to look the part. There are so many things that can keep you looking and feeling fresh through it all. We turned to an expert for some serious advice!
“The holiday season and winter can be a drain on people,” explains Katherine Goldman, celebrity esthetician/waxologist and owner of the Stript Wax Bar. “It is important to make sure you take care of yourself throughout the winter, so you don’t end up feeling completely stressed out and drained.”
Here are some tips for looking and feeling your best throughout the holidays and all winter long:
- Facials. When it comes to looking your best, opt for having facials done throughout the winter. This will help keep the skin looking fresh and healthy, despite any extra stress that may arise during these months. While having this done, see about taming your eyebrows so that they look great for those holiday pictures.
- Tanning. Many people want to keep a healthy glow or tan during the winter months. It is important to opt for a healthier way to do this, such as using a good salon quality spray-on tan, rather than going to a tanning booth. This way you can maintain your color, but won’t dry your skin out or have the risks that come with tanning beds.
- Stay hydrated. The winter months can tend to be very drying on the skin, so it’s important to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated, as well as use a good quality skin moisturizer. With the colder weather, you can also keep your fluid intake up by having hot tea, just don’t load it up with sugar.
- Eat well. The holidays can be a busy time, making it even more important to eat a good diet so that the body gets proper nutrients and energy. A healthy diet will keep people feeling good all winter long. The winter months are notorious with people reaching for comfort foods, but many of them can leave people feeling flat and packing on the pounds. Opt for healthy soups and tasty vegetable casseroles for comfort. When attending holiday parties, opt for trying to eating something before attending, to keep from filling up on all of the goodies sitting out. Rather than completely avoiding the goodies, stick to trying just a small portion so there are no regrets later.
- Keep moving. Getting enough exercise will not only help keep you looking good, but it will help you feel great, too. Exercise releases endorphins, which naturally brings about a happy and positive feeling. Consistent exercise will also help to reduce those stress levels as they creep up around the holidays. It’s tempting for people to lax on exercising during the winter, but that will leave you feeling down. There are plenty of exercise plans you can do indoors by tuning into workouts on television, popping in a DVD, or you can always join a gym.
- Relax. There may be parties and festivities to go to, but it’s important to get some down time, too. This includes taking time to unwind, relax, and get enough sleep each night. This is the perfect time for you to take up yoga and/or meditation as a way to relax, lift the spirits, and get those happy hormones flowing.
“There will a lot of holiday pictures taken, so you want to look your best,” added Goldman. “You also want to feel great when you are enjoying those festivities, too. It’s important to take measures to help care for and maintain your insides and out, so you look and feel great all winter long.”
Stript Wax Bar has locations throughout California, including in Los Angeles, Palo Alto, Lafayette, Oakland, Pacifica, and San Jose. They specialize in offering top-of-the line waxing services for men and women, using the highest quality hard wax from Europe. In addition to waxing all areas of the body, they offer facials, spray tans, brow shaping, and make-up application. For more information, visit the website at: www.striptwaxbar.com.