Whether it’s howling screams from soap in the eye or a knot that just doesn’t want to come out, hair care can be difficult for kids. If it were up to them, they would roll out of bed and be on their way. But hair needs to be taken care of just as much as your teeth need to be brushed and hands need to be washed. Kandoo has created some hair care tips to help make parents lives easier when brushing tangles out of what feels like a rat’s nest. To get the kids involved, there are fun facts about hair such as how fast it grows, how much hair we have and why we need to take good care of it.
Hair Care Kandoo Tips –
• How frequently your child washes their hair is up to you. If their hair is oily, if they’ve been swimming, playing sports, or even rolling down a grassy hill, a good hair scrubbing may be in order. If their hair is dry, washing may occur less frequently.
• Teach your child to use their fingertips vs. fingernails when washing their hair for a gentle yet effective clean.
• If your child doesn’t like getting their face wet, help them wash and rinse their hair so as to avoid getting their face too wet. Using a tear free conditioning shampoo so you only have to wet and rinse hair one time (vs. two with traditional shampoos and conditioners) is a comforting and time-saving option.
• For longer hair that has a tendency to tangle, use a gentle detangler after washing such as Kandoo Detangler. Comb through hair beginning at the ends (in a downward motion) and gradually work up the hair shaft. Remember to clean your combs and brushes every few weeks.
• Teach your child that the most important thing they can do for their hair is to keep it clean and treat it gently regardless of their hair type (dry, curly, straight, or oily).
Here are some interesting facts about human hair that you can share with your kiddo(s).
• Hair is made of keratin, the same stuff fingernails are made of.
• Hair grows at the rate of about ½ inch per month.
• The hair on your head has a purpose. It helps to keep your head warm and provides some cushion for your skull.
• People have more than 100,000 hairs on their head.
• About 50-100 hairs fall out of your head each day but new hairs are constantly growing and replacing the hairs that have fallen out.
• Hair comes in many colors and textures and is determined by your genes.
• Boy’s hair grows more quickly than girl’s hair.
• Human hair grows faster in warm weather (vs. cold).
• Regular haircuts keep hair healthy by protecting the ends from becoming split or damaged.
• Our diets can affect our hair. When we eat a diet rich in nutrients like protein, iron, and vitamin E, our hair looks, feels, and is healthier.
Where Kandoo comes from…
Kandoo is part of the Nehemiah Manufacturing family of consumer brands. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, Nehemiah is committed to introducing products that come to the rescue of busy moms and dads. Nehemiah designs, manufactures, markets and sells brands including Boogie Wipes®, Kandoo®, Downy® Wrinkle Releaser Plus, Febreze® Laundry Odor Eliminator and Dreft® Home Products. To learn about Nehemiah and the products it creates for families, visit NehemiahMfg.com.