The last place that you are thinking of putting Coconut Oil is on your face, body or hair, right? I mean my muscles tense at the thought of it. Regardless, growing bodies of research, countless experts, and armies of natural beauty devotes swear by the stuff. Are they onto something?
Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and anti fungal, its an excellent moisturizer, it can penetrate hair better then other oils and smells like cookies. Have I won you over yet? With a $10 bottle you can use it from head to toe and replace hundreds of dollars of product that you are buying now. Use Raw and Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for the best results. Here are 5 amazing uses for it in your home without spending a fortune on store bought products.
- As a Face Cleanser and Eye Make Up Remover The Coconut Oil actually pulls off the oils and dirt from your face, leaving your skin smooth and supple. Its especially noticeable the following morning. Take a spoon full of Coconut Oil massage it into your skin and leave on for about 5 minutes. Once you feel ready, soak a wash cloth in hot water and gentle wipe off the oil. This will change your life!
- Teeth Whitening Oil-Pulling, has been used for thousands of years in Chinese Medicine. The store bought tooth paste is not removing the oil based plaque, which is why you should go to your dentist every 6-12 months for a cleaning. The Coconut Oil actually pulls off the plaque, helping to whiten and clean teeth. Swish a spoon full of Coconut oil in your mouth for 5-10 mins nightly for the best effect.
- As a Hair Conditioner and add Shine to hair There’s a reason many conditioners contain coconut oil: It’s better able to penetrate hair (and prevent protein loss) than mineral and sunflower oil, according to research. Apply a quarter-size dollop to your hair, comb it, and then pile it into a loose bun. You’ll want to place a soft towel over your pillow or sleep in a shower cap. In the morning, shampoo as usual with a gentle cleanser.
- To Moisturize Body and Hands Coconut Oil needs some time to absorb, so its not suggest doing this on your way out of the door. Best time to lather up is after a shower when your getting into bed.
- Rubdown or Body Scrub Wether you’re planning a romantic rubdown or need a good scrub, Coconut Oil is your go to. Store bought body scrubs are a waste of money, aside from the fact that they have useless ingredients that are impossible to pronounce. For a quick DIY project, mix up a fresh batch yourself by adding Sugar or Salt with any essential oil that you like. We prefer Lavender.